With free Wi-Fi, Oakwood Guest House is just 25 minutes' by train to London Paddington and a 5-minute drive from Heathrow Airport. Full English breakfasts are served every morning in the bright dining room.
Oakwood's rooms each feature a flat-screen TV and free tea/coffee. The majority of rooms have a private bathroom, with 2 having shared bathroom facilities.
West Drayton Station is less than 5 minutes' walk away and has regular trains to London. This quiet guest house is also within a 5-minute drive of the M4 & M25 motorways, and also near the M3 & M40.
Parking spaces are limited and they are in a gated, secure car park at the back, or free off-road parking at the front of the property. The managers speak French, German and Spanish.
Oakwood is located close to both Uxbridge and Stockley Park, while restaurants, pubs and shops are within just a few minutes' walking distance.
Oakwood Guest House is situated on the outskirts of West Drayton, and is well situated for visiting Wembley Stadium and Windsor. The guest house offers good budget accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis, and while the rooms and the shower rooms are on the small side, so are the prices.
The guest house is non-smoking throughout, including all of the rooms. The building is pleasant with a number of charming touches.
International visitors are especially welcome and the management speak French, German and Spanish.
Make the most of the excellent-value special weekend offers. Late night arrivals are possible, by prior arrangement.
Guests can choose a generous full cooked English breakfast or a delicious lighter continental breakfast. A light in-room breakfast tray featuring breakfast snacks is available by prior request, for those with an early flight.
West Drayton is a small town with a railway station, just 2 miles (3.5 km) from London Heathrow Airport. West Drayton runs into the town of Yiewsley, once you have passed the station and crossed over the Grand Union Canal towards Uxbridge.
The guest house has very good amenities nearby, including reasonably priced restaurants and pubs, banks, cash machines, internet cafes, a post office, launderette, garages and a wide selection of shops, supermarkets and charity shops.
As well as being close to Heathrow, Oakwood Guest House is also well placed for those wishing to visit Stockley Park, Skyport Drive and Saxon Way industrial estates in Harmondsworth, Hayes, Staines, Iver, Kew Gardens, Hampton Court Palace, Windsor Castle, Legoland and Oxford.
Just 5 minutes from the M4 motorway and 5 minutes from the airport by car or by taxi, the guest house also has excellent transport links. As well as the M4, the M25 and M40 motorways are also nearby, and the excellent access to the area?s major roads makes the guest house a good base from which to explore the area. The town also benefits from a highly efficient Uxbridge area local bus network, with stops very close to the guest house.
A regular train service, operated by Thames Trains, runs to London Paddington station in the heart of the capital every 15 minutes, Monday to Friday. Trains also run regularly from West Drayton train station to Slough, Reading and Oxford in the opposite direction. The town's train station is just a 5-minute walk away from the guest house.
An inexpensive and reliable local taxi service can be arranged by the staff, from and to London Heathrow Airport, or to any of the area?s attractions or points of interest. There is a frequent, efficient National Express coach service from Gatwick, Stansted and Luton airports to Heathrow.
The hotel is approximately 2 miles (3.5 km) from London Heathrow Airport. Taxis are readily available from just outside the airport, but these can be expensive and may not be familiar with the most direct route to the guest house. Because of this, the Oakwood Guest House recommends the taxi firm LHR Cars of West Drayton. Further details are available on request. Please contact the hotel directly for more information, either by using the comments field when making your reservation or by contacting the hotel directly, using the contact details supplied on your confirmation email.
By Bus (from Terminals 1, 2 and 3):
- Take the U3 Bus which runs to West Drayton, every 12 minutes, from stand 18 at Heathrow Central bus station (between Terminals 1, 2 and 3).
- Get off this bus at the Ferrers Avenue (G) Bus Stop - by The Wine Cellar Co shop (red sign) in Station Road, West Drayton.
- Cross over Station Road and turn right.
- Continue past the Spar supermarket and 2 small Indian restaurants.
- Walk over Brandville Road and the house is on the left, before the Six Bells pub and a Texaco Garage.
By Bus (from Terminal 5):
The number 350 bus runs regularly from London Heathrow Airport?s terminal 5 to Hayes and Harlington Station. Cross over Station Road and turn left. Walk past West Drayton NHS Physiotherapy Centre, a black Texaco Garage and Six Bells Pub. Oakwood is on the left.
By London Underground:
Take the blue Piccadilly Line all the way to the station for Heathrow terminals 1, 2 and 3. From Heathrow Underground station, you can either call LHR Cars of West Drayton to pick you up at the station or you can cross over to Heathrow bus station (beside the underground station) and get on a U3 bus at stand 18 to get to West Drayton.
By Car (from the M4 motorway):
- Leave the M4 motorway at junction 4, following the signs for Uxbridge A408/ Heathrow.
- Keep left at the roundabout with the traffic lights and take the 2nd exit into Cherry Lane, with the arrowhead pointing left towards West Drayton (the Crowne Plaza hotel is directly ahead of you and the Novotel is to your left).
- Drive straight down Cherry Lane, which then becomes Sipson Road.
- Go straight through 2 small sets of traffic lights after the parade of shops on the left (with the Costcutter), and carry straight on into Station Road.
- Pass the Fox & Pheasant pub on your right.
- Station Road then bends to the right and past the King's Paget, followed by St. Martin's Vets Surgery on the left and a Texaco garage on the right.
- Oakwood Guest House is on the right, just beyond the Six Bells pub.
By Car (from Uxbridge):
- Leave the M40 motorway at junction 1 at the Denham roundabout.
- Take the A4020 towards Uxbridge.
- At the 2nd roundabout/traffic light complex in Uxbridge (at Capital Court/ Manpower), take the A408 (to the right) towards Cowley and Yiewsley.
- Drive through Cowley and continue along the A408 suburban road for a few miles.
- Pass the Esso/Tesco Express garage on your left and then various warehouses on your right until you reach the big traffic lights in Yiewsley (with Iceland and Aldi on your right).
- Continue through Yiewsley, passing Woolworths and HSBC on your left.
- Drive over Canal Bridge and past West Drayton station on your left, then past a Spar supermarket on the left-hand corner.
- After 2 small Indian restaurants on your left and just past Brandville Road, also on the left, you will see Oakwood Guest House on the left - beyond the silver-grey shutters, and located just before the Six Bells pub.
- Turn right just before Chas Cameron Lettings into Brandville Road, then turn right immediately afterwards into Bellclose Road.
- Turn immediately right again into the mesh-gated car park (with the green garage doors ahead of you).
- To have the car park opened up for you, please ring the front door bell of the guest house or ring the mobile number provided with the contact details supplied on your confirmation email.
In the evening, customers have a choice of inexpensive, but imaginative restaurants within very easy walking distance. There are Italian, Chinese and Indian restaurants here in West Drayton, and one local pub has an excellent carvery. Take-away outlets include Burger King, and traditional English fish and chips.
When booking, please include a mobile phone number and an estimated time of arrival.
Please note, Oakwood Bed and Breakfast Heathrow does not have a 24-hour reception. Please let the property know your expected arrival time and a contact telephone number in advance. You can use the Special Requests box when booking or contact the property.
If you expect to arrive after 21:00, please inform the property in advance and a door entry code and room number will be provided.
If you expect to arrive in the morning or early afternoon, please inform, the property in advance.
Parking information: Gated parking is available for a charge and situated at the rear of the property. Limited free off-road parking is available at the front but this is on a first-come-first-served basis.